- Key leadership role with opportunities to progress within Spicers
- Multi-award winning restaurant, recently awarded another Chef’s Hat in the Age Good Food Guide Awards 2018
- Opportunity to get back to nature and enjoy the country lifestyle, all within only one hour’s drive from Brisbane CBD
- Would also consider an experienced F&B Manager looking to take the next step in their career!
Spicers Hidden Vale is situated on a 12,000 acre working cattle station in the Scenic Rim of South East Queensland. Set on a plateau top, with panoramic views of the surrounding countryside, Spicers Hidden Vale offers not only a world-class getaway but a fantastic work environment for our committed and passionate team.
Homage restaurant is set in Spicers Hidden Vale. There is a purity and respect for the land and produce in all that we present at Homage. Our chefs cook from an outdoor coal pit, smokehouse, wood-fire and rotisserie. We have an 89 bed market garden, orchard, bee hives and free range farm onsite, meaning that much of the produce is from Hidden Vale itself and anything that’s not, is collected direct from nearby farms. The experience is hatted and awarded restaurant of the year two years running for Spicers Retreats as well as holding a Two Glass status with Gourmet Traveller.
There is a strong philosophy and story to tell ... and that’s where you come in.
To be successful in this role, you have extensive experience in Food & Beverage, preferably fine dining; experience in a leadership role within the hospitality industry, ideally a luxury property or boutique hotel; a passion for good food & wine and providing bespoke experiences for guests; strong business acumen; experience managing P&L, COGS and business expenses; solid team leadership experience with the ability to confidently drive and manage performance; excellent communication skills – verbal, written and interpersonal; a proactive approach and positive attitude at all times... and most importantly a generosity of spirit and genuine passion for all things hospitality! Reporting to the Group Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the overall management of the property; developing and implementing business strategy; and delivering budgeted growth, revenue and profit targets. Given the location of Spicers Hidden Vale, you will be required to live within a reasonable distance from Grandchester QLD with your own reliable transport or be willing to relocate to the local area. If required, on-property accommodation options may be available for the successful candidate.
The opportunity to work with one of the most passionate teams in the industry… a team that is genuinely happy, humble and smart!
Hidden Vale is part of Spicers Retreats, a collection of spectacular boutique and award winning properties across QLD and NSW. We love our people and are dedicated to recognition and advancement in career opportunities.
We celebrate our successes with great food, fine wine and good humour at our quarterly 'Spice Nights' and annual Awards Night. Aside from our festivities, your hard work and dedication will be recognised and rewarded through:
- Thoughtful mentoring, training and support from a warm and encouraging team environment.
- Competitive remuneration
- Genuine opportunities for progression across our business
- Generous accommodation and dining discounts across our beautiful retreats
- Check out our instagram pages: @homagerestaurant and @spicershiddenvale
- Like our Facebook Careers page: https://www.facebook.com/spicersretreatscareers/
- Tell us “what you will bring to the table” and submit your application by clicking apply now.
Apply now for a career you will love!